ROLLING LOUD CALIFORNIA, RECAP
The young hip-hop culture was ever present at the Rolling Loud concert which took place this weekend at the So-Fi Stadium in Inglewood, California. The lineup for this year’s Rolling Loud California was Future, Lil Wayne, Lil Uzi Vert, Kodak Black, 2 Chainz, Tyga, Saweetie, Fivio Foreign, Chief Keef, Soulja Boy, DaBaby, Lil Baby, Don Toliver, City Girls, and Curren$y. Other performers included Kevin Gates, Trippie Redd, Moneybagg Yo, Ice Spice, Polo G, Lil Yachty, and Coi Leray.
1. Ice Spice performed but one fan was so excited that his antics went viral on Instagram. A ginger white man literally went nuts screaming for Ice Spice, maybe feeling she was his twin, and tried to break through security and jump on stage but was immediately stopped by security as he was quickly tackled down from climbing onto the stage possibly putting Ice Spice in danger. Lol.
2. Controversial rapper Blueface was set to headline the Culture Kings Stage from 9:10 p.m., but his performance ended up being canceled. Later that night, Blueface claimed police stopped him from entering the festival, but didn’t provide any further details.“Sorry rolling loud they hit my bus police ain’t let us in,” he tweeted alongside a gun and police officer emoji.
3. Nicki Minaj was brought out by her mentor Lil Wayne to perform alongside him but was pissed off about her audio not being correct and not having her vocal baked tracks as well, so she was unhappy and said "Kill the DJ" as he struggled with the music.
4. Playboi Carti's set was cut short after members of the crowd hopped over the barricades and smashed into the front-row fans, causing a 30-minute delay due to an injury just three songs into his set.
5. Headliner Travis Scott had his Saturday night set cut short due to the 11 p.m. curfew. He did about a dozen songs for 30 minutes, but suddenly his music was cut off during “Sicko Mode.” He literally just left the stage in the middle of the song and said “Thank you very much, I love y’all. I wish I could do more but they’re making me go.”
6. Fivio Foreign was missing in action as he was set to perform but tweeted out "My body is dealing with some real issues" and he apologized to whoever came out to see the Brooklynite drill rapper. “Apologize to @RollingLoud & everybody who came out to see me,” he wrote. “I ain’t make it. My first time missing a show and I feel so crazy about it but my body dealing with some real issues. Juss keep me in yah prayers & I’ll hit Tariq up to make it up.” The reason people deal w depression and trauma and anxiety is cause they tryna take care of the things dat should b taken care of,” he tweeted in February. “I don’t ignore my problems, I fix them.” In a subsequent tweet, Fivio added, “Ok lemme resay it for the people dat don’t get it… The folks dat don’t go above and beyond to handle there responsibilities b less depress then us dat do.” So he's going through some health issues and we wish him the best.
So yeah, that's a basic recap of Rolling Loud. There will be several more this year, do your googles and find out when the next one will be taking place. There are also some overseas as well as Rolling Loud is becoming the largest hip-hop festival across the world.